“I am so sad right now, I have accidentally pressed the factory reset on my Samsung S5 phone and I have lost all the data. Any help to recover back at least some data would highly be appreciated. Thanks.”
Factory reset is an important function on Android device. It is very useful if you want to clean your smartphone or to fix some problems caused by apps or settings. However, sometimes we may perform factory reset by mistake or out of a reluctant choice, like in order to bypass a locked screen. Anyway, data and files will be removed from our handsets, which is really painful. But there is still a chance to do Android data recovery after factory reset.
What to Do after Factory Reset
- Turn off your phone to avoid data overwriting.
- If you have to keep it on, then disable internet connection and don’t create or save big files.
- Find a reliable Android data recovery software to get back reset data.
After Factory Reset Android Restore App
iReparo Android Data Recovery is the best data recovery tool for a factory reset Android phone. It has several features that will help you recover deleted data after factory reset quickly.
- It can recover contacts, photos, text messages, call logs, videos, audio, documents, WhatsApp and Viber from Android device after factory reset.
- It supports Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, Nexus, OnePlus, Huawei and other mobile devices running on Android 2.1 to 7.0.
- It can retrieve reset Android phone data from both internal memory and SD card.
- With it, you can recover data after factory reset from Android in several easy steps.
How to Recover Data from Android after Factory Reset
Step1. Install and run iReparo Android Data Recovery on your computer.
Step2. Select the file types you need to recover on the main interface.
Step3. Connect your phone to computer.
Step4. Follow onscreen instructions to allow the program to recognize your device.
Step5. Click Start button to scan data on the factory reset device.
Step6. Preview the data lost after factory reset.
Step7. Check the files you need and click Recover button to restore factory reset data.
Step8. Set a location for the data. Then the program will start to recover photos, contacts and other data from the factory reset Android phone.
After recovery, the program will lead you to the exported folder and you can move the recovered data and files to your smartphone. Then you had better back up your phone data regularly.